Sunday, September 23, 2012

I am so irritated...




I am feeling a bit irritated today. I am not able to figure out the reason but I guess it has something to do with my unconscious mind. It happens with me, a lot. I see some disturbing things or things that my mind can’t make sense of, and then I forget them but they get registered in my sub conscious mind. Then they do these little tricks on me. But this time I guess I have to find out.

Let’s see what all disturbing things I saw recently.

Yesterday I saw the Indian Prime Minister actually speaking during his address to the nation over the FDI issue. Now this is something I was telling you about - the things that my mind can’t make sense of. It must have got confused to see this contradiction to the previous beliefs.

Then, I saw the teaser of SRK’s upcoming film ‘Jab tak hai Jaan’. I have had enough of these love-triangle platitudes. Moreover, Those open-arm gestures and gay-ish expressions that SRK is known for, in his romantic movies, yet again, made me sick.

One more thing could have contributed to my irritation. And that is the latest ad campaign by AIRTEL. After the successful ‘har ek friend zaruri hota hai’, they have come up with a similar advertisement except this one sucks. I cannot imagine saying ‘Jo tera hai vo mera hai’ to any friend of mine. Why? Because, it would be utterly disgusting and nauseating, to say that. You know what I mean!

One more thing that I can think of is that the other day I was watching DID (Dance India Dance) on TV. This was the kid’s version and my goodness! Those kids had some moves! I was wondering whether these kids start their dance training in their mother’s womb itself.  It may be possible, as the pressure that parents put on their kids to do well in these reality shows is immense so it may be a simple case of starting out a bit early to take the lead. Everything was good but one. What, in this world, was Mithun Chakraborty doing on the show? They have made him a judge, above the judges and they call him ‘The Grandmaster’. The most perplexing thing was that they actually ask for his opinion after each performance. I was totally bewildered. I could not fathom why a person who has nothing to do with dance except that he, once upon a time, danced to the ‘Disco Dancer’ song, is asked to give his opinion on these dancers and that too on national television when all he has to say is ‘kya baat’, raised to the power of 3.

I can’t decide which of these occurrences has resulted in my present state of mind. May be you can help me decide....


image courtesy : http://www.justinwellman.com

3 comments:

Smruti said...

Hey I agree with you... Seriously this AIRTEL Ad really SUCKS... I don't know for what reason they came up with this...I hate it being shown again and again...

And ya I could not believe on my ears----"Manmohan Singh" can actually speak...:P...

Pushkar Tyagi said...

And what about srk?

Smruti said...

No Comments..:P,.. SRK used to be my fav actor...:P,,till OSO... After OSO..hmmmmmm............!!!
Kal Ho Na Ho , swadesh are among my fav movies...:)